I see that we may crack 9o degrees for the first time this year, and just thinking about that makes me thirsty. I’ve been avoiding bottled water when possible, but it’s just so tempting to pick one up when I’m out and about with the fam. I just wish that single-use plastic bottle didn’t symbolize everything that is wrong with overconsumption and ambivalence toward the planet – eesh!
I know you’re tempted too, so here are some ways to avoid using bottled water during the steamy Lowcountry summer:
- Carry water with you at all times…canteen style.
- Hydrate yourself when you are at home.
- Avoid restaurants that serve bottled water.
- Big cup + Ice + Cupholder = no bottled water.
- If you have to buy bottled water, reuse the bottle!
If you’ve got some tips on how to beat the bottle, please let me know in the comments section. I’m going to try and have a bottled water-free summer, so I need the ideas. Can I do it? It’s gonna be tough – check back here for updates.