Our foray into cleaning with vinegar has been great, so I thought I’d share some of the cool things I’ve learned:
- Vinegar is as old as dirt. Not really, but vinegar has been a part of human life for 10,000 years.
- Hippocrates used apple cider vinegar for its many healing properties.
- 1 cup of vinegar, 1 cup of water, and a squeeze of a lemon equals the best household cleaner I use.
- Vinegar is a great antibacterial agent, with a pH lower than 3 – organisms don’t stand a chance.
- Vinegar is incredibly versatile.
- Vinegar is cheap – about $1.25 for two liters.
- I can purchase vinegar just about anywhere.
- Vinegar has its own institute and its own book.
- I love a good fresh salad topped with a balsamic vinaigrette.
- The volcanic action of vinegar plus baking soda is simply a childhood classic.
Currently, there is an old Seventh Generation spray bottle filled with 1 part vinegar, 1 part water, and a little lemon waiting for use everywhere in this house! Vinegar is one easy answer for ways to make one’s home a little more green.