Archive for 'Community'

Did you participate in Carrotmob Charleston last April? If not, here’s your chance to get a feel for the project and what it was able to accomplish. Carrotmob was organized by Green Drinks Charleston and Carolina‚Äôs Eco-Unit, and helped raise $1600 to help the Queen Street Grocery green up their building. Carrotmob is a great […]

The Sustainability Institute has been hosting Charleston Water Week to help encourage local residents to conserve this precious resource. And since we want to help the cause, we’re featuring different water-related nonprofits that serve our local community. The Coastal Conservation League, who is celebrating their 20 year anniversary, is working hard every day to preserve […]

The Sustainability Institute is sponsoring Charleston Water Week to increase awareness around the conservation of our most precious resource – H2O. We want to help the cause, so each day this week we are featuring a different water-related nonprofit serving our local community. Charleston Waterkeeper was founded in September 2008 to preserve and protect the […]

Zoe and I had the absolute pleasure of volunteering a few hours of our time for Fields to Families. I was introduced to this non-profit through two of Chad’s coworkers, who are on the board, and I instantly wanted to help. After looking at my schedule and capabilities, I decided helping at a booth at […]

Buying locally is a big part of living sustainably – both for us AND our community. Lowcountry Local First is asking local residents to take the 10% Shift Pledge and start buying more from local businesses. The goal is for local businesses, organizations, and families to shift an additional 10% of their annual spending to […]

Wow, did we really leave that poll up for 4 months? When the year is new, you never know what people are going to do. We asked you what your priorities were for 2009, and the results were interesting. At first, supporting the local economy had a strong lead, but in the end, 43% of […]

Happy Earth Day!

I just wanted to wish all of you the happiest of Earth Days. We’ve been so inspired by you, this community, and the momentum our area is creating for sustainability. I truly believe that the work we’re all are doing is laying the foundation for a future we can be proud of. Earth Day is […]

Cheers to Green Drinks Charleston and Carolina’s Eco-Unit for bringing Carrotmob Charleston to the Queen Street Grocery last Saturday. Over 400 shoppers showed up and spent $4870 (breaking the old Saturday record of $1400). Not only does this show the power of focused community action, but Queen Street Grocery will be spending around $1600 on […]

Wow, Earth Day 2009 is fast approaching (April 22 – also our 2nd anniversary!), and with it comes many chances to celebrate with our green community. Here’s a quick set of links to help make your Earth Day plans: April 18 – Charleston County Earth Day Festival April 18 – Green Village Tour Run April […]

If you’ve ever wanted to directly support the green initiatives of a local business, now’s your chance! This Saturday, April 11th, Carrotmob Charleston will be in action at Queen Street Grocery (map | street view). We often talk about “voting with our dollars” when it comes to green purchasing, but it’s often difficult to see […]

Subscribe to Go Green

RSS Feed

Go Green Social Sites

Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow Us on Twitter
See Our Photos on Flickr

Browse by Topic

9 Questions (3)
Announcements (73)
Blogs (4)
Bottled Water (7)
buying local (7)