Buy Local Week is upon us, and Lowcountry Local First is on the case! They are sponsoring several events this week to raise awareness around local businesses, growers, and manufacturers located here in the Lowcountry. Supporting the local community is a huge part of going green, as it reduces the carbon footprint of our purchased goods when they come from down the street.
There are several events associated with Buy Local Week, so get out and do what you can to support this great initiative.
- Tuesday, December 2: Give Local Holiday Bazaar
- Wednesday, December 3: Eat Local Night
- Thursday, December 4: Screening of “Independent America”
- Sunday, December 7: Buy Local, Be Local Bash
That all sounds very exciting! Get out and buy some local stuff this week, particularly locally grown food. Here are a few businesses and growers who are offering locally grown food (see list below).
Here are some places to get locally grown food:
- Boone Hall Farms
- Charleston Farmers Market
- Earth Fare
- Edible Lowcountry
- James Island Presbyterian Church Farmers Market
- Mount Pleasant Farmers Market
- Mount Pleasant Seafood
- North Charleston Farmers Market
- Stono Farm Market
- Summerville Farmers Market
- Whole Foods Market