The 2009 Charleston Green Fair is upon us, and I hope you’re planning on heading down to Marion Square on Sunday to revel in our community’s greeness. Last year’s event was a huge success, and all signs point to even better results this year. Please come visit the Go Green Charleston booth in the nonprofit tent – we’d love to see you! Here are 9 reasons you can’t miss the Charleston Green Fair:
- Exhibitors – There are well over 100 exhibitors to check out, including green builders, food providers, nonprofits, transportation, and energy solutions.
- It’s FREE – There are no doors to Marion Square, so come on down.
- The KidZone – Inspiring our kids to be more sustainable is an important part of the solution, and there will be plenty of cool activities in the KidZone.
- Live Music – Check out headliner Jesse Colin Young on the main stage, which is sponsored by the fabulous Coastal Conservation League.
- Speaker Tent – The learning never stops, so check out the speaker tent for a wide array of sustainability-focused presentations.
- Nonprofit Education Tent – Come check out all the local dogooders (including us!) that are making a difference in our community.
- Sustainable Seafood Cooking Contest – Watch as local chefs are challenged to create tasty meals using local and sustainable ingredients that you get to sample.
- Inspiration – Sometimes it feels like you’re the only one trying to make a difference. It’s not true, and the Green Fair will inspire you to continue your efforts.
- You Can Meet Us – OK, maybe not a can’t miss reason, but we can’t wait to meet YOU!
The Charleston Green Fair kicks off at noon on Sunday, September 27.